RE: TR6 starting problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 starting problems
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 18:49:01 -0800
My _guess_ is the relay itself is bad (dirty contacts).  When you hold the
key over, the contacts get hot and may (or may not) burn through the crud.
Wiggling the wires moves the contact slightly, again possibly shoving the
crud slightly away from the contact point.

About the only way to be certain (other than just replacing the relay and
having the problem go away), is to check the voltages at the relay when the
problem is happening (which presents certain logistical problems <g>).

Randall

The Barneck Family wrote :

> I have a 74 TR6 that I am having starting problems with.  It is not a
> problem with the engine firing up but a problem with getting the starter
> to work.  What happens is I turn the key and some times the starter kicks
> in and sometimes there is just silence.

///
///