TR7 fuel system

To: TR list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR7 fuel system
From: Michael Thompson <miket@rio.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 08:36:57 -0500
Hello all,
I have a few questions about TR7 carbs and etc. This car is a 1980 and has
AC.
All my experience is on older TR3's and GT6's.
1. Have many of you converted your cars to SU's? The carbs I have have no
mixture adjustment.
2. Also do many of you keep all the pollution plumbing, carbon canisters and
etc.
3. Is there supposed to be anything between the fuel pump and carbs. There
is a thing that has 2 wires and a valve looking thing on it between the fuel
pump and carbs.
It seems like it is running lean or something. (Vacuum leak?) It comes and
goes at idle (if it will idle) rough. It will run at a higher rpm like
1500-1800. I am just looking to see if simplification may help.

Starting to sort out new purchase.
Mike Thompson
59 TR3
80 TR7 DHC