Re: TR6 Cam Timing Question

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Cam Timing Question
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 11:03:21 -0000
Hi Don
With the Triumph Engines, (I think with the exception of the Sprint) the
rockers on the rear cylinder (no4 or no6) should be equally placed, ie down
by the same amount, (or on the rock!) when the crank is at top dead centre.
This may not apply if you have a non standard camshaft that is set either
advanced or retarded, you would be able to see this as a small difference
from TDC at the crank. You do need to know whether your cam is standard, or
safe to assume it is.

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon