Grade 8 bolts

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Grade 8 bolts
From: Dennis Lambert <DLambert@anaheim.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 12:10:51 -0800
Hi,

I am re-installing the flywheel on my TR-3A.  I believe the bolts I removed
are the originals.  I want to replace them, but what do I replace them with?
Grade 8 bolts are readily available, and for the few I will need, the price
differential between grade 8, grade 5, or even grade 3 is insignificant.

The real question:  I searched the archives and found there are varying
opinions on the suitability of use for grade 8 bolts.  Someone suggested
grade 8 bolts are more brittle than grade 5.  If this is true, would grade 8
bolts not be the choice for a flywheel installation?  Perhaps grade 5 would
be better?

Thanks,
Dennis (OD coming along - maybe some day it'll be in the car)

///
///