Re: Legends of Motorsports/TRS/TR5

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Legends of Motorsports/TRS/TR5
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 20:28:44 EST
In a message dated 01-03-06 19:00:55 EST, brashears@hughes.net writes:

<<  They then talked about a new
 factory car called a TRS or TR type S with a twin overhead cam 4 cylinder.
Next
 was a TR4 with a driving light in the center of the grill. The light
appeared to
 be molded into the grill at factory. Next was the TR5 which we in the states
 never saw (I think we got the TR250. Was that an inside joke at the
factory?). My
 question for the group is has anyone seen or know about the TRS or the twin
 overheard cam 4banger, or  about that TR4 with the center light?

Hello,

Next time you're in the neighborhood, visit The Roadster Factory.  Charles
has a TR5 and a TRS.  Last time I was there (a couple months ago) both cars
were in the showroom.  The TRS sits without the engine, though.  I think they
are trying to find a way to make new castings of the original block and/or
DOHC head.  I remember talking to Dave about it, but don't remember all the
details.  Something about the original motor not holding up due to castings
that were prone to fatigue.

There is some good info on the TRS in "The Story of Triumph Sports Cars" by
Graham Robson.  ISBN 0900549238.

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA

///