3a frame painting sequence

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 3a frame painting sequence
From: wallaces@superaje.com
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 15:11:23 -0500 (EST)
Greetings all,
Pondering this question, so thought I'd put it to the list, who always generate
some oblique perspectives:
My frame is close to being ready for sandblasting, after which I intend to have
it epoxy primered and painted.
But, I plan to close in the fourth side of some of the frame members that are
shaped like a "C", which is supposed to give the car more torsional rigidity.
So my question is: should I close them in first, then sandblast and paint, or
sandblast first, then paint the inside of the "C" with something, then close
them in, or paint the inside with something, weld it up, then sandblast the
result? If the latter, with what could I coat the inside surfaces that wouldn't
burn off when I weld in the fourth side? POR-15? Other rust converter?
TIA,
Jim W

///
///