Re: British Motoring - Triumphs!!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: British Motoring - Triumphs!!
From: MelKristie@cs.com
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 23:15:07 EST
Yes, a lister's car is in British Motoring. Soon after Triumphest was over
last October, the folks at the magazine asked me to round up some Triumphs
for an article. They actually gave me a shopping list: Stag, TR8, TR4, and
two TR6's (one of which had to be Damson in color!). To top it off, they
wanted to take the photos about a week later, so there wasn't much time. I
had no trouble getting one of the TR6's, since a 1974 hard top version is in
my garage! Everything else worked out with members of the San Diego Triumph
Club supplying the other cars.

It was very interesting to see how one of these photo shoots work. First off,
we met the photographer at 8 a.m. because he told us the early morning light
worked the best for bringing out the colors of the cars. Then he positioned
the cars in various ways for the group photos and then took a bunch of
individual shots. Everything took about three hours to complete.

He told us that the photos were for the cover, but when I opened the first
page of the magazine and saw my car spread across two pages, I was shocked!
For the next couple of days, I kept looking at the magazine to make sure it
wasn't a dream.

Anyway, Kristie and I have already registered for VTR at Breckenridge and
will be driving the "centerfold" (trailers are for horses). Hope to meet some
of the other listers.

Mel

In a message dated 03/03/2001 10:50:26 AM Pacific Standard Time, Rich Rock
writes:

> Subject: British Motoring---Triumphs!!
>
>  Listers,
>
>  Spring edition of Moss Motors  "British Motoring" arrived today.  Triumphs
>  are featured in this edition!  Any cars belonging to list members?

///
///