Re: Brake Bleeding

Subject: Re: Brake Bleeding
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@home.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 17:03:31 -0700
Cc: "Bob Krivenko" <krivenkb@pa.net>, "John Krause \(home\)" <jktr250@aol.com>
Scott,

Step two may be causing a problem.

>2. Have 2" of fluid in jar with end of hose submerged. >Have wife compress
brake while I open the bleed >nipple. Have her press brake 3-4 times until I
only see >fluid with no air bubbles. She  holds down brake while I >close
bleed nipple.

My "traditional" way of bleeding the brakes is to have someone pump the
pedal up and then push on it while I open the nipple.  They should push/hold
the pedal to the floor until you close the nipple...this is critical (as my
father convinced me..by yelling if I did it wrong...when I was doing the
pedal end as a youngster).   Repeat as necessary but that nipple should be
open only to let fluid out.  Once you're done with all four maybe it'll
help.

My guess is that you may be sucking fluid with bubbles back in doing it the
way you have been.

Good Luck

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)