Dipping a frame vs. MediaBlasting

To: "Triumphs@autox. team. net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dipping a frame vs. MediaBlasting
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 12:34:34 -0500
I have heard various answers to this question, but in particular I've heard
that the acid-dipping method has certain drawbacks.  The main one being that
it is tough to ensure that all of the acid is removed from the inside of the
frame thus leaving yourself open to future rusting issues.

Also, I've seen some excellent restoration work done on frames, but the
pictures are of the outside (obviously) of the frame.  What are owners doing
if anything to protect the internals of a TR6 frame?

///
///