RE: Fuel pump problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Fuel pump problems
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 09:02:02 -0800 m .intranet>
Dennis Lambert wrote :
>  Am I
> looking for trouble (rather than avoiding it?) by rebuilding this original
> pump?  I hadn't figured on a rebuilt pump creating too much pressure.  The
> rebuild kit is from TRF.

Dennis :

IMO, you shouldn't have a problem.  I've rebuilt mine several times over the
years, and never had a problem with high fuel pressure.  Plus, it's easy to
reduce the pressure produced by a mechanical pump, all you have to do is
weaken the spring, which can be done with a pair of pliers.  Compare the new
spring to the old, if it seems a great deal stronger, then re-use the old
one.

However, you might want to look at your repro pump before going to all that
trouble.  Not all of them use a friction fit for the pin, some use the
original circlip, and some are very securely peened over.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver

///
///