Dash Tear

To: <smithd@peak.org>
Subject: Dash Tear
From: Justin Paxton <justin@bexel.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 18:55:31 -0800
Cc: Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>
The opening to the dash has to be sewed in order to fit correctly.  I took
mine to an upholstery guy with the old one, and he duplicated the factory
oval that makes it a clean install.  Very worth letting the pro's do it.
The stone guards from Moss suck.  I went through a few to get ones that were
straight and didn't have dents in them.  Again, I took them to the guy that
did my body work, and let him install them.  They have tricks and tools with
metal bending we'll never know.  Also if he scratches the paint on the
install, he buys the re-touch.
Cheers: JP
59 TR3A TS40984 "Parts All Over the House"

> From: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest <owner-triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 01:43:38 -0700 (MST)
> To: <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #356
>
> Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:02:53 -0800 From: Dave and Ann Smith
> <smithd@peak.org> Subject: tr3 rock shield in front of rear fender
>
> I had my tr3 painted before realizing that the replacement rock shields in
> front of the rear fender (the small ones) don't even come close to fitting.
> What the bleep do I do at this point? When I attempt to bend them by pushing
> them into place, I am afraid of damaging the paint. Any ideas? My other
> current problem is recovering the dash. Whan I attempted to manipulate the
> vinyl into the area around the glove box opening, it wouldn't strech enough
> and tore, leaving a v shaped gap. As soon as I had ruined it, I tried
> cutting but that also leaves a v shaped gap. How is it done?
>
> Dave

///
///