Re: VTR 2001

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VTR 2001
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:20:35 -0800
>Hi folks,
>My TR won't be done in time for VTR 2001. Question, is it worth going
>without a car (I'm sure having a car there is a bonus but.......)?
>Question # 2, what is the easiest way to get there from Calif. (SF Bay
>Area).

Ken, looks like we will be going to Breckenridge too, may I suggest
we try to set up a Bay Area Caravan?  I am in Calaveras County (NE of
Lodi), and would like to suggest a very interesting route that I have
taken a couple of times in the last two years (in the Avalon).

We could all meet in the Payless parking lot in Lockeford, CA on
Hiway 12, then take Hiway 88 and 89 up past Jackson, Kirkwood and on
to Carson City, NV, from there take Hiway 50 (the lonelist hiway in
the nation) on to Ely, NV for a possible/probable overnight. From Ely
we stay on 50 till it joins up with I-70 at Salina, UT, where, if we
plan it right we could join up with the Caravan coming from the Los
Angeles area (I know they are out there) and continue on to
Breckenridge.

California 88 and 89 are great mountain roads, just made for
Triumphs, and Hiway 50 in Nevada is great for wide open, flat out,
straight as far as you can see, whoopin' and hollerin' fun.

Hope this appeals to some of you, as I really do not want to be on
50...alone...

--
Bill Pugh
aka Wily