TR6 Clutch Parts For Sale

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Clutch Parts For Sale
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 07:32:32 -0600
Yesterday I bought a pressure plate and clutch disk for my 71 TR6 from a
local auto parts store.  Judging from the dust on the boxes, they have had
these on the shelf for quite a long time.  When I got home and compared the
clutch disc to the one I just took out, there is almost no difference, so
I'm going to reuse my existing clutch.  I was told the clutch was replaced
by the previous owner when I bought the car last year.  I can return them
and get my money back, but due to the price I paid I though I would offer
them to the list first.  Both are remanufactured by a company in North
Carolina.  Now the problem, the clutch disc is a Laycock disc, and the
pressure plate is a Borg and Beck.  Looking at the various catalogs, these
two items can not be used together.  All the books say you must use all
Laycock, or all Borg and Beck parts.

I will sell these for what I paid, plus shipping.

The Laycock clutch disc is $17.00 US plus shipping.
The Borg and Beck pressure plate is $36.00 US plus shipping.

I must sell both parts or I'm not going to sell either and I'll just take
them back.  If you are interested in one or both please let me know.  To
help determine shipping my zip is 32413, I'm located in Panama City Beach,
FL.

Ken Waringa

///
///