Re: Bead blasting cabinet

To: drew@pixar.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bead blasting cabinet
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 16:44:38 EST
Drew...one last thought on blast cabinets. I have the stand-alone Harbour
Freight model. It did leak media (I think they ALL will to some degree when
using 80-90psi!) but it was easily fixed by replacing the sheet metal screws
used to attach the window and seal to the body with nuts and bolts. Mine no
longer leaks there.

The door is another area of leakage, but to be quite honest, I leave my door
ajar a bit with a wedge of wood because when I fire up the shop vac to keep
the dust out of the cabinet it creates too much suction (?) and tries to suck
the gloves out of the cabinet! A smaller shop vac probably would not create
this much vaccum. The vac works great keeping things clear. VISION into the
cabinet is thee BIG issue!

Good luck...blast on dude!
Larry M

///