fan belt help needed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: fan belt help needed
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 13:53:35 -0600
Yeah, I know -- I'm back.

Hey, I just finished assembling a stock TR4 engine, readying it to drop
into car tomorrow, and find that the brand new fanbelt from Moss
(834-000) is too short for anything, including the stock generator. If
forced on the generator pulley, the adjusting strap slot isn't even long
enough.

Before I try to get an alternative from the vendor -- anyone else have
this problem? Anyone have a brand or number of a slightly longer one?

Thanks!

--

uncle jack

restoring "New Blue"