TR6 Exh. Manifolds

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Exh. Manifolds
From: CC50506@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 13:35:28 EST
The exhaust manifold of my 1970 TR6 has developed a crack and I'm looking for
a replacement BUT what to replace it with.  Having lived with headers on MGBs
and Midgets I'm in not inclined to run down that path but as long as I'm in
there...

The later TR6s had a dual manifold and exhaust system, will the later exhaust
manifold bolt up to the early head (I know the intakes are quite different).
If not what am I looking at to fit the later head?  Would a later head bolt
on without compromising the early cars higher compression ratio?

Thanks for any insight you can lend!
Steve

///
///