RE: tr3 rock shield in front of rear fender

To: "TR6 List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tr3 rock shield in front of rear fender
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:14:53 -0800 m erak.slb.com>
Peter :

My experience has been that they do a good deal to protect the paint in
these areas. My current TR3A didn't have the stone guards when I bought it,
and although the old paint was not in the best of shape anyway, it was a lot
worse in the areas covered by the stone guards. I'm guessing it's from small
rocks and dirt kicked up by the front wheels.  Unlike most cars, the TR2/3
has a 'wasp waist', the leading edge of the rear fender is actually in line
with the front wheels.  I believe the guards were on all cars, not just US
ones.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver - accumulating road rash where the DCO has still not
put on the stone guards ...