Luggage rack interchange?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Luggage rack interchange?
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 11:50:56 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I know it's a long shot, but does anybody know if the luggage rack that
fits the TR4-250 (like Moss sells) would fit on an early (round tail)
Spitfire.  Being that the dimensions of the two cars are so close and they
use the same hinges and general layout, I thought that maybe, with possibly
only minor modification to the rack (or even mounts) it might be possible
to fit one.  Heck maybe they are even the same and nobody even knows it
cause it was never tried. The TR4 one is still available, but not the one
for the Spitfire.  The beauty of these is that no drilling is required
(except a couple of small holes in the trunk lid for the Spitfire) to mount
these.

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)