Re: sudden death

To: "Charlie Frazer" <cfrazer@ballmer.uoregon.edu>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: sudden death
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 23:01:27 -0500
hhhmm.. a friend just went through a VERY
similar event, pulled away from the stop light after
a group of us had gone to lunch. The engine
backfired and died. Would not restart...good strong
battery, fuel smell, strong spark.

Turns out the timing belt slipped. This was on
a brand new car with less than 10K miles on it.

Bad cam timing would allow the spark to fire with
the intake valves still open causing in your case..
a backfire. Check and see if your dizzy is loose
as well

YMMV

Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net