Herald flags

To: <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>
Subject: Herald flags
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 07:49:30 -0000
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>>>Yes, they polish up quite easily, but personally, I prefer the
patina.

Leon Guyot wrote:
My Vitesse is fully restored and everything is very shiny, but my
flags I
have not polished, simply because the repro' flags are shiny, and I
prefer
the 'originality' of mine, having said that perhaps they were shiny
when they
were new?
I am afraid I am was too young back then to take any notice of such
things!
Perhaps one of the older members may recall?
John Macartney perhaps?

Older? OLDER? Cheeky blighter, Guyot! <g>
But solid brass, eh? Polishes up? Well, well - you learn a new thing
every day. The ones fitted to Dad's Vignale Vanguard (a choice example
of the 1959 model) and those on a couple of later Heralds (both new)
had a crappy 'simulated' brass look that bore more of a
resemblance to brass paint than anything else. Recognising that
everything on the Herald was built to a price, I'm surpised
someone saw fit to specify genuine brass. I always thought
'brassified' mazak would have been a bit nearer the mark.

Jonmac