Re: tr6 with weber dgv conversion or weber dcoe conversion

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tr6 with weber dgv conversion or weber dcoe conversion
From: "Tinker Mechanic" <speedbuggy65@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 04:45:11 -0000 FILETIME=[482871C0:01C07B89]
've got a little experience with double down drafts on an early TR-6.

It is slightly modified car though . . . cam, higher compression and
headers.

Also:  I didn't do the install. . it was done many years earlier.

I can't say as I have had to mess with the carbs much.

I once twisted the idle mixture adjustment screw hoping to cure a strange
hestitation when pulling away from a stoplight.  I also had to fiddle with
some linkage at one point.  The spark plugs look nice no matter if I take
lots of short trips or really long ones.

In winter it was really really hard to start.

I eventually found that if I pulled the choke out all the way and then gave
it an extra little pull, it clicked out another tiny bit.  Then the car
would start much better.

Anyone else have this experience?

When it is really cold it takes a good 10 seconds or so before it will run
smoothly.. .. maybe cause of the long and twisting path the air / fuel
mixture has to follow through the pierce manifolds and early intake.

Other than that. . . you've got an accelerator pump now and can seriously
flood the carbs when tinkering with it.

That's all I know. . . sorry I can't give you a before and after account of
the car's performance.

Tink,