3a leaf springs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 3a leaf springs
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 10:50:21 -0500
I've been stripping the frame of its running gear, and last night took off
(tried on one side) the leaf springs. I'm left with three questions for the
more experienced than I:
a) In the case of an extremely reluctant front eye, what have you done to
remove from the car, that does not involve fire? I have applied penetrating
oil, tried a puller (worked on the other side, but only stretches the
rubber), and used a hand sledge and drift, to no avail.
b) In that same set of leaves, when I removed the U-bolts and bottom plate,
half of the shortest leaf fell on the floor. Now what do I do? Where can
one get a short leaf for a 60 TR3a?
c) How do you clean up leaf springs? I imagine sandblasting would leave a
bunch of sand between the leaves.
Answers to any of these would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim
TS81417L