Warning Lights

To: "INTERNET:RBMUSNRET@aol.com" <RBMUSNRET@aol.com>
Subject: Warning Lights
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 10:14:50 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:RBMUSNRET@aol.com
>I put a new bulb in the brake warning light (more on this below) in my
1975
TR6 and when I start the car, the brake warning light and the oil warning
light both stay on.  The brakes seem to working OK but my owner's handbook
states that, "The Pressure Differential Warning Actuator (P.D.W.A.) switch
operates a warning light on the facia which is series/parallel connected
with
the oil warning light.<

Rick,

The only way the oil warning light will work is if actuated by the oil
pressure switch.  The PDWA will bypass the oil light and prevent it from
ever working so stop looking there.  I assume that the oil pressure is OK
(since you have a gauge and can check it directly) so I would suspect the
oil pressure switch is faulty.

Dave