Fuel Pump Placement

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Pump Placement
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 10:43:53 EST
A post a while back discussed being absolutely sure to get the lever for the
AC Fuel Pump inserted properly in relation to the cam. How easy is it to get
it wrong? I tilted it downward and it went right in but then I thought maybe
it was too easy (generally that's been a tip-off). So, how does one know if
one's gotten it in right. The cam hits it on the downward rotation, right? So
it needs to be under the node, right? How can you tell/be sure? What's the
worst case scenario? The pump doesn't work? Or the lever is snapped off?
Thanks.

Jim
65 4A
CT54531L