Re: dip stick

To: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: dip stick
From: "Sherman D. Taffel" <staffel@home.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 18:56:43 -0400
Hi Fred

The 'washers' are from TRF- maybe they are cotton, not felt. I've found
one didn't seal, even pushing it down. They have been/are 'oil
impregnated'- by the  internal 'splash' method.

When I have checked the oil level, I have pushed the dipstick till the
metal 'band' touched the block, so I'm sure I have not been
'overfilling'.(only talking about 2 MM here anyway.  I'll be sure to
re-examine and attempt your procedure.

I appreciate the note, your concerns are important ones. Our Oil
Viscosities must be like Honey today with our 20^ average temps!

I just came in from work, checked the TR. Covered with snow, but the car
is dry under its cacoon! No drips noticed today!!!

Master Cyl rebuild planned as TRAC tech session for Jan 6th.

Sherman