Re: Spitfires with camber compensators

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfires with camber compensators
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 11:39:33 -0600
Andy:

See my earlier message.

Yes, the improvement is significant - NO arguement. The old system
allows for near-instantaneous 180 degree changes in direction when the
rear wheel tucks in during spirited cornering. Been there, did that. As
I had a '78 1500 parts car, I swapped out the complete rear end (diff
and suspension) and the front bar. The disk wheels on my '70 were
already 4.5", but I also put the 1500 wheels on just for looks - both
had radials. The new set-up cured the end-swapping characteristic of the
old system. There was still quite a lot of lean during cornering, BUT
the tires stayed in proper contact with the pavement - and that's what
counts.

Bottom line?? Use used parts - going with all new parts will likely be
cost-prohibitive.

Dave Q.