RE: tr3b on ebay

To: "'Robert Burnett '" <tsrb@QuixNet.net>, "'Triumphs@autox.team.net '" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tr3b on ebay
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:44:18 -0600
It's always surprised me a bit to see criticism erupt on the Triumph list
whenever someone puts a TR up for sale at what I'll call a "fancy price".
You'd think that since we all own one or more of these cars that we'd regard
an increasing value as a plus.

What I've concluded is that most of us regard ourselves not as future
sellers of our cars at a high price, but as probable future buyers of yet
another Triumph - hopefully at a LOW price.

Good for us!

On the other hand, since the "experts" have been advising for years that
buying a restored car is far cheaper, easier and quicker than doing your own
restoration, we can't be too startled to find that there's a demand for
turn-key restored cars that tends to elevate their value - whether they're
"correctly" restored or not  :-)

Jim Hill
TR6 Vintage Race Car
Not For Sale - Not Now, Not Ever . . .