Re: TR3A Electrical Problem - Fuel Gauge

To: toadhall@pnc.com.au, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A Electrical Problem - Fuel Gauge
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:51:17 EST
In a message dated 12/12/2000 2:45:33 AM Pacific Standard Time,
toadhall@pnc.com.au writes:

<< Problem:  How do I convince the gauge that the tank capacity is actually 12
 gallons? And do  I have a problem with the gauge, the sender or the wiring in
 between ??

 John Pike >>

John,

I think this may be inherent in fuel guage design.  In my Ford PU and my
Chevy Tahoe, the guage reacts proportionally the same way.

We have just always assumed the marks on the guage meant full for the one
next to the F and 3/4, 1/2, and 1/4 over to the E.

What they actually mean are Full, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, Empty.  Or in your case Full
1/4, 1/8, 1/16, Empty.

Just my observations.

RH