TR6motor in TR4?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6motor in TR4?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 17:39:32 EST
Cosmo,
My vote is NO - do a combo of #1 and #3 instead.

I really don't like the idea of putting a "temporary, used and un-tested,
$300 TR6 motor in your TR4". After all the alterations, labor, and expense
required, it would cost alot in time and money and you might never make it
back to your original TR4 motor.

The resale would go down too I think - and one more 'authentic' TR4 would be
lost from the collective marque..

How about new rings and a hone, along with a new friction disc used in your
second tranny?
OR; I know a guy with a good used TR4 motor that wanted $450 (Hayward,
California) - that's cheaper than a $300 TR6 motor plus all the 'alteration
expenses'.

Carl Sereda
'63 TR4 since '74 - CT22326L

Hi List!
    Given: I own a TR4/A that I'm haveing engine problems with:
1-To much oil leakage:
    A- 1Qt: 200 miles.
    B- To much blow-by, coming out by fule pump, etc.
    C- a love affair with the Clutch, will Not let go when wanting to
shift.
2- Engine could use a rebuild ;-)
3- OD needs work
   Thought: Pull engine & tranny to rebuild engine & work on tranny while I
have it out.
Problem: Very Little $money. So what else is new! :-)
Possible Solution:
1- Work on what I can, when I can.
2- Install a TR6 engine?
3- Install spare TR4/A [non-OD] that I have lying around.

Cosmo