TR3 rear hubs ( was Churchill tools / Hub Puller )

To: "Justin Paxton" <justin@bexel.com>
Subject: TR3 rear hubs ( was Churchill tools / Hub Puller )
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 14:14:34 -0500
Cc: "Triumph Newsletter" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi All,

What I am hearing here collectively is that I have the following pieces of
information:

- Unknown usage of the axle.
- Unknown length of time since last usage
- Since not currently part of a vehicle cannot tell if the bearing is bad.
- I only want to do this job once and be assured that I have a well sealed
axle.

So, in light of these pieces of information:

- Remove the hub & shaft and take them to get separated.
- replace the bearings and the seals with new ones.
- of course drain and replace the diff oil, replace it's gasket as well.

Have I just about covered it???
Thanks

        David A. Templeton
        Open Text Corp.
        Waterloo, ON
        Canada
        WebSite: http://trandmustang.homestead.com

'74 Triumph SpitSix '66 Ford Mustang (Wife's)'66 Ford Mustang GT  '59
Triumph TR3a (Project) '99 GMC Safari '95 GMC K2500 Sierra