Re: Attitude

Subject: Re: Attitude
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 00 07:06:43 -0800
Cc: " TR list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Sorry Dave -- The first ironclad was the converted sidewheeler Virginia
>( renamed Merrimac), a southern ship;

I don't know where you guys have been getting your history from, but if I
recall correctly the first ironclad was the CSS Manassas (sp?).  I
believe she was in Mobile bay

> the first workable submarine
>(although a deathtrap) was the Hunley, a southern invention;

Subs had been around for some time in Europe.  The Huxley was the first
to sink another ship.

TeriAnn Wakeman               Marigold Ltd.
Santa Cruz, California        Web design, site updating, testing
webmaster@overlander.net      search engine optimization, graphics
                              and more

http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html