Re: RotoFlex Suspension

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RotoFlex Suspension
From: naldous@ccgmail.com
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 09:43:13 -0500 2000) at 11/28/2000 08:41:29 AM
I would think that a lot of torque and horsepower would be lost through the
rubber rotoflex.

Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>@autox.team.net on 11/28/2000 09:24:29 AM

Please respond to Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>

Sent by:  owner-triumphs@autox.team.net

To:   Chip19474@aol.com
cc:   triumphs@autox.team.net

Chip,
The technology was used quite a bit in performance cars ar the time.  That
includes Formula Fords as well as other race cars.  It
actually works quite well and isn't all that much trouble.

Bear in mind that Mk1 GT6's did have the Spit style swing axles and they
suffered from the dreaded "wheel tuck", so the rotoflex was a
vastly superior configuration.

The Rotoflex setup is indeed an "IRS setup" since it employs a lower
suspension component to keep the wheels from tucking under.

Later technological advances such as CV joints have pretty much obsoleted
the rotoflex suspension, but it seems to be working well
under Tiny Tim the race Spit.

Regards,
Joe