TR7 BFH#33

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: TR7 BFH#33
From: Eganb@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 19:48:02 EST
Do you have any idea how much I hate learning valuable lessons these days?  I
was so smug at having gotten the transmission/engine back into the car this
weekend that I was unbearable.

Well, it caught up with me.  Tonight I discovered that the slave cylinder
push rod that acutates the clutch lever was jammed against the rear engine
plate when we reassembled engine/transmission, and like an idiot I didn't
check to make sure it was free before dropping said engine/transmission back
into the car.

I finally managed to pop it loose, and of course the whole clutch lever
assembly popped off the fulcrum pin inside the bell housing....

Stifling a tremendous urge to either throw up or set the car on fire, I am
attempting to calmly determine my next course of action.  Needless to say the
transmission will have to come back out to see if anything was damaged, and
to reset the clutch lever.  Surprisingly the push rod doesn't appear bent of
damaged.

I'm thinking that taking out the transmission by itself is preferable over
pulling engine/transmission back out again.  I have a floor jack that I can
support the transmission with, and jack stands I can use to lift the rear of
the car up high.

All in all a terribly disappointing evening.  And to think that all I was
going to do tonight was re-attach the speedometer cable.

Suggestions for proceeding, and locations of discount liquor stores most
welcome at this point.

Bruce
1980 Inca Yellow TR7 5-speed convertible
Chapel Hill, NC