Re: TR3 caliper/drum colour

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 caliper/drum colour
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:55:38 -0000
>From what I remember, calipers had a form of plated finish. I *think*
it was cadmium - a light yellowish?. Later, it moved on to a satin
finished material. There was a fairly regular switching back and forth
on finished caliper assemblies between Girling, Lockheed and Dunlop
and its difficult to remember who did what and when. Frankly, I think
it would be difficult for a concours judge to lay down a law on this
point.
For drums, a semi-matt black is probably the safest bet. I remember
them new like this but much of the gloss got lost through heat. The
backplates were certainly gloss black.

Jonmac