Re: TR6 rear springs

To: peb3@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: TR6 rear springs
From: Joseph J Burlein <tr6guy@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 20:40:47 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I'd talk to the guys at British Parts NW.  I got all my springs (+33%
with normal ride height) and my nylon bushings from them.  Two years, no
problems so far.  I love them.

Joe

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:00:53 -0400 "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
writes:

> I'll say right up front that in all the discussions about rear
> springs over
> the years I haven't paid too much attention. What I do recall is
> that there
> are a multitude of combinations available.
>
> Here's my situation: I have a '71 TR6 with a bad set of springs; way
> too
> much negative camber and it bottoms out all too frequently. I know I
> need
> new springs, but what to buy? I want to cure the problem without
> building a
> race suspension or doing endless experiments. Tim Hutchisen has Moss
> comp.
> springs and spacers in his car. Any other suggestions from people
> who have
> fixed the problem?
>
> Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
> Cortland, NY (nowhere near New York City)
> '71 TR6  CC61193L (Will run forever on cash)

Joe Burlein
72 TR-6
Melbourne, FL

Real cars are designed to carry only two people, anything else is just a
bus.