Heater Control Valve

To: "Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heater Control Valve
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:57:50 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
This morning on my way to work in the spit I stopped at a stop sign and
slight puff of smoke came out from under the front end.  After pulling over
and opening the bonnet I noticed antifreeze coming from the threads of the
heater valve.  Now, on the GT6 it is the threaded type and it seems if I
tighten it down and use the control it will loosen up.  It is not exactly
lined up properly.  Does any one have any ideas what I can use around the
threads to lock it up a half turn ealier?

Thanks
        David A. Templeton
        Open Text Corp.
        Waterloo, ON
        Canada
        WebSite: http://trandmustang.homestead.com

'74 Triumph SpitSix ( on the road again ) '66 Ford Mustang (Wife's)'66 Ford
Mustang GT  '59 Triumph TR3a (Project) '99 GMC Safari '95 GMC K2500 Sierra