Thanks for TR4(A) Clutch Info

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks for TR4(A) Clutch Info
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 21:36:24 EDT
THANKS to all you guys for the insights on the TR4 and TR4A clutch choices.
I don't know exactly how I could have been able to bolt on a TR4A pressure
plate back in 1979 and have it work (till the TR4 style throwout bearing
fouled it up) - perhaps I have a special predrilled/dowelled flywheel? At
that time I went back to stock set up.
At this point the economic shout from the wallet says I will be using my low
mileage coil spring type original style TR4 clutch pressure plate with a new
disc rather than going to TR4-A or 250 or 6 diaphram arrangement. The
original style is not as quick acting but pretty heavy duty design - and it's
always worked well in the past.
Thanks again for your experienced views.

Carl Sereda
'63 TR4 since '74