TR3 Front hubs?

To: <wises@mail.execpc.com>
Subject: TR3 Front hubs?
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 14:05:12 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bob,

I recently did mine after some good advice from some listers.  I do have a
torque wrench, but you don't have to have it.  Tighen the nut so that the
wheel won't turn at all to start.  (Don't overdo it.)  I found that backing
off only one flat from 10 ft-lbs, which happened to line up with a hole, did
the trick.  Anything more than that felt too wobbly when grabbing top and
bottom of the wheel.  My bearings and races happened to be OK, but I did put
in new grease seals.  Now that I have driven the car a couple of hundred
miles I will jack it up and check it again.  The felt will compress in new
grease seals and I may have to tighten it one more flat.

Sumner Weisman
62 TR3B TSF263L