Wheel Sizes That Fit - TR4A

To: "triumphmail" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheel Sizes That Fit - TR4A
From: "John & Pat Donnelly" <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 15:01:03 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers,
Has anyone upgraded their current wheels to something a little wider,
such as going from 60 spoke wires to 72 spoke wires? Fit OK?   I'd
would prefer to upgrade to something a little wider (like 185's
instead of the 165's).  Can you mount a tire wider than 165 on a 4 1/2
in wheel?

I'm at the end of a complete restoration, and with the car going to
the body shop in two weeks I need to know any clearance issues
quickly.

Many years ago a buddy of mine lent me his wheels from a '69 TR6 and I
remember them rubbing slightly when the suspension compressed. (The
speedo was definitely off due to the overall height). But don't
TR250's have the 185's and it's essentially the same body? What did
they change?

On another note, does anybody know a source for exhaust manifolds for
a TR4A, original or headers? New or used? They seem to be pretty
elusive.

Thanks!

'67 TR4A - hopefully running soon!
'71 Volvo P1800E - the "Saints" car