Re: Disintegrating gas line [was Stupid car tricks]

To: " TR list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Disintegrating gas line [was Stupid car tricks]
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 00 10:44:17 -0700
>I am not sure if this was the reason for your gas spill, but the use
>of ReFormulated Gasoline (RFG) in the US is known to destroy rubber
>fuel lines manufactured before 1991.  This topic has probably been
>beaten to death on this list, but if you do not know that the rubber
>gas lines in your car (ANY car) has not been replaced using the newer
>lines available since 1991, then do so now.

Last year I had the "oppertunity" to remove some ends of a couple of fuel
lines I had installed new two years previously.  My two year old lines
had already hardened and tended to crack when i bent them.  I ended up
replacing all the lines again.

Nasty stuff, the California fuel formulation, and VERY hard on fuel hose.

TeriAnn Wakeman               Marigold Ltd.
Santa Cruz, California        Web design, site updating, testing
webmaster@overlander.net      search engine optimization, graphics
                              and more

http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html