TR4 stuck Clutch Plate

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, lrmetz@home.com
Subject: TR4 stuck Clutch Plate
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 12:12:47 EDT
Larry - you could do what someone did to my car before I got it in 1974. They
took a large screwdriver and punched two holes on either side of the bell
housing to access the clutch plate - perhaps to do what you are talking about
- break free the clutch plate. The holes were rough and about an inch around.
When I got the car clutch was fine but eventually I put copper patches on to
keep it closed up last 25 years - didn't seem to have any adverse affects!
(maybe you could drill one small hole and use a screw driver to break the
connection - then rotate flywheel around to realease it in several places).

Carl
'63 TR4 since '74 ...now with new bell housing ..the kind with an overdrive
on it.

Any suggestions on how to unstuck a clutch?

My TR-4A has been in storage, we got it running, but the clutch is stuck
to the fly wheel...can not release......if no other trick to release it,
we will have to pull the tranny and replace it.  It was rather new just
before the car went into storage, so apparently being new, and not used
much, it stuck from the long time of storage??  We have rebuilt the
master and slave cylinders.

Larry from INdiana