Re: IRS negative camber

To: "Alan" <eliminator@uswest.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: IRS negative camber
From: "Wendy Hart" <hartw@PLASTEKGROUP.COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 09:33:49 -0400charset="Windows-1252"
My experience comes my 75 tr6. I'm not sure if it'll help you too much, but
here goes:

It's not a complicated job. There are shims you can put between the brackets
that connect the trailing arm assembly to the frame . If you look in Moss's
tr250-6 catalog (page 38), they look like a dyslexic "E", P/N 675-030. Their
online catalogs are at: www.miatamania.com . I'm sure you can get these
shims from many other vendors.

As to how many shims to install and how to install them, that would depend
on your particular car and how much camber you want. Also on page 38 of
Moss's tr6-250 catalog, there is a technical article written by Brian
Lanoway. He took the time to find out how much camber is gained by each
combination of shims. I think this article is also in the triumph archives
( http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=triumphs ).

What also helped us out tremendously was adding the "spring collars" (metal
spacers) that fit on the top and bottom of each spring. It lifted the back
end up so the car didn't look like it was dragging its tail.

Hope this helps!
Wendy Hart
1975 TR6
1976 TR7