Re: Mobil 1 and TR6

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mobil 1 and TR6
From: "Chad & Ariane Jester" <ajester@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 21:53:59 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
List,

I run Mobil 1 in every one of my vehicles...including the lawnmower.  I have
never experienced any problem with oil leakage on any Triumph I've put it in
(I've used it in 15+ TR6's).  In the case of my '72 GMC with 137K miles on
it....it STOPPED leaking oil with the Mobil 1 installed.

Engines are not "designed" for particular types of oil....dinosaur or other
origin.  Mobil 1 is simply an enhanced version of the mineral based oils.
It offers many advantages such as high resistance to sludge formation,
uniform molecular construction, and increased lubricity.

I ran Mobil 1 5W30 in my race car....dyno runs showed a 14 - 16 hp
improvement over mineral oils.  After a season of racing (drag racing at
8200 rpm through the lights), the engine looked like new upon disassembly
and I didn't have any appreciable increase in cylinder leakdown rate....a
very different story than the previous season.

Granted Mobil 1 won't make your worn out hulk run like new, but if you have
an engine that is in good mechanical condition, Mobil 1 can't hurt.  I
certainly feel it is worth the expense based on my experience.

Regards,

Chad Jester
2 TR6's, 1 Lawnmower, '79 Dodge LRT, Chevy Tahoe, VW Bug, '65 Herald, all on
Mobil 1.