RE: TR3A Brake Job - HELP!!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR3A Brake Job - HELP!!
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 18:20:23 -0700
Red :

The rear brake adjustment is a single square headed stud, not "hex-headed
bolts".  The stud should protrude between the two nuts on the back plate,
roughly opposite the operating cylinder.

Also, it's worth checking that the 'pistons' in the adjuster are free, so that
they actually retract when you back off the adjustment.  Most of my TR3s have
been seized when I bought them.

Last, it's possible that your reliner simply used linings that were too thick.
 I don't know if it is still available, but it used to be that any
well-equipped machine shop would have the equipment to "arc" the shoes to match
the surface of the drum.  You could try calling around ...

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver TS39781LO
(Ok, so it was made in 58)