Re: DHL

To: erik@midwestfilter.com
Subject: Re: DHL
From: HarvoC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 16:02:44 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
DHL is acting as the customs broker.  They have contracted with Rimmer to
handle customs on this side of the Atlantic.  Customs brokers generally
charge a small fee to the package recipient after they recieve the goods from
airport or dock, and clear the goods through customs, and pay the duty.  If
not for customs brokers rendering this service, we would all have to meet the
plane or boat, fill out gov paperwork, pay duty and be on our way.
Even though I receive European goods by ship in my business and freight is
prepaid door to door in Europe, I still pay our customs brokers duty,
messenger services, document turn over, and harbor fees, all of which they
cover for me.  If DHL is charging a small fee for all of this paperwork, it's
probably worth it.

Harvey
71 TR 6