TR3A Front Suspension Question

Subject: TR3A Front Suspension Question
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 21:19:46 -0400
I am getting my parts together for the up and coming process of
rebuilding my '59 TR3A from the frame up. I plan on starting with the
front suspension so I was sorting out TRF's front suspension rebuild
kit and noticed something od I wanted to ask the list.

The serrated washer that goes on the outside of the trunnion and lower
wishbone connection (castelated nut to serrated washer to thrust
washer...) that came with the kit does not have the groves in the center
to fit properly onto the trunnion shaft. Has anyone used the rebuild kit
and did the serrated washer have the groves? I can't believe you'd have
to take them to a shop to have the groves "punched" in.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated before I call TRF.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3