RE: TR4 jacking

To: <Herald948@aol.com>, <pethier@isd.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 jacking
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 10:32:42 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"

> If damage to the paint on the frame is to be minimized or
> avoided, I could
> see "lining" the jackstand end with a thin piece of hard rubber
> or nylon, and
> I think I've seen such "pads" advertised.

I personally use a piece of folded towel.  Just to protect the frame from
being scratched.

> If you've had a car come off of a jack or jackstands or any other support
> either ON or even NEAR you, you'll know it is an experience
> you'll not want
> to repeat.

Been there, not on any current car tank goodness, but I would agree it is
something you DON'T want to experience.

        David A. Templeton
        Open Text Corp.
        Waterloo, ON
        Canada
        WebSite: http://trandmustang.homestead.com

'74 Triumph SpitSix '66 Ford Mustang (Wife's)'66 Ford Mustang GT  '59
Triumph TR3a (Project) '99 GMC Safari '95 GMC K2500 Sierra