TR-6 Directionals

To: "INTERNET:JRossi727@aol.com" <JRossi727@aol.com>
Subject: TR-6 Directionals
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 19:37:40 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by INTERNET:JRossi727@aol.com
>Hello All. Question.  Why is it that the directionals only work when the
car
is running? My 74 and my son's 72 are the same. Thanks John,  Flintstone,
GA
<

Do you mean the lights come on but do not flash when the engine is off?  If
so, mine does the same thing.  In fact at idle with the head lamps on they
do the same thing.  The cause is that the flasher is current sensitive and
at the lower voltage (with the engine off, for example) the current is low
enough to not trip the flash function.

You can: replace the bulbs.  Even though they are still working as they age
bulb filaments get thinner and the bulb actually draws less current.
Or: check, clean, replace the bulb holders for the flashers.  Mine have a
significant voltage drop in the earth connection.

Good luck.

Dave