RE: TR4A Signal Light Flasher

To: "Gerald M. Van Vlack" <jerryvv@worldnet.att.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4A Signal Light Flasher
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 11:46:16 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Jerry,

I am no Dan Masters by any stretch... but when I read the TR4/A
circuit diagram on page 6-104 of the shop manual... the symptom
appears as if the hot battery input (green - pin marked B or
[1] ) is swapped with the turning lamp switch side (green/brown -
L or [3] pin).

If the flasher is working correctly... The middle pin on the
flasher going to the dash indicator (light green/purple - pin
P[2]) will reflect the same voltage as the green/brown on the
L[3] pin (marked L ).  Figure 44 on page 6-124 shows the physical
layout of the flasher socket for reference.

Hope this helps rather than causing confusion.  The flasher
operation could be tested at the workbench with a 12v source for
the B[1] pin and a bulb for the L[3] side.  The voltage on the
P[2] pin could be read with a meter.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site