Late TR6 OEM Exhaust Manifold availability

Subject: Late TR6 OEM Exhaust Manifold availability
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <pandachadwell@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 19:41:49 -0700
Hi everyone!

Years back I installed a fairly cheap header (from Pacesetter... the
Monza people) with a single outlet.   I was too cheap to spring for a
dual outlet header.  Anyway, the Monza exhaust system that's on the
car now has passed beyond it's useful life and I'm waiting for the
right time to order a new stainless OEM-type system.  (the right time
being when I have enough $dough!!)  An acquantance of mine, who
recently sold his TR6 just discovered a new stainless steel headpipe
that came with the system he had installed on his car laying around
in his garage, so he sent it to me.  I'm not sure if that piece would
have come with the kit I'll order soon anyway, but at any rate now
that I have this piece I'm considering tossing the header (which
leaks anyway) and reverting back to the OEM manifold.  Trouble is, I
never had the OEM-type manifold.  When I bought the car it had some
homemade, cobbled-together, Mickey-Mouse piece of crap header on it.
(and I thought I was cheap!!)  Anyway, I'm wondering about the
availability of new or good used manifolds of the dual outlet type
and how much more money I'm gonna have to come up with to switch back.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

--
Pete Chadwell